Friday, April 24, 2009

What to do...

I've been debating for some time what to do about converting the video cassette we have of Taylor when she was little. How do I go about getting it digital so we can save it? Do I buy a machine to do it? Do I send it somewhere? Well, I got my answer. On a bookstore receipt there was a coupon for a free conversion to a DVD. Perfect! All I had to do was pay the shipping both ways. What a deal! I sent it in and got it back less than a week later! Great! I showed it to Taylor this morning and she kept asking if that baby was Jordan!! So cute.

5 comments:

Carrie Fowler said...

Wow. Way cool !

Michelle said...

Nice deal! We ended up hooking our old VCR to our computer and sucking all our movies in a few years ago. We don't even own a VCR anymore.

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

How nice is that. It's always so hard when things change and you have to figure out how to 'update'.
P.S. love the kitchen!

Adam Jensen said...

ok so were they the big VHS or those tiny little cassettes. We have the tiny cassettes of Kyler's first year and need them converted to DVD's. Does that company do that as well? If so could you share the info?

Stacie Mathis said...

Hey Rachel! So we converted from the little tape from a video camera. It turned out great and was really quick. Go to: www.thephotoarchivalco.com

I had a coupon that actually gave it to me for free, other than shipping. Let me know if you look into this and perhaps I can help find you a coupon as well.

Swagbucks