Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Coupon Crazy

Michael says I'm crazy. I would rather think that I am smart! We have scored pretty well lately on free items or nearly free! Some of my favorite have been in the last 2 weeks!

- Kleenex (FREE!)
- Valley Fresh Steam Veggies (FREE!)
- Chex Mix (FREE)
- Chinet Paper Plates (FREE)
- Betty Crocker Frosting (FREE)
- Progresso Chicken Broth (FREE!!!)
- Pillsbury 5lb flour (I'm going to get 6 bags for $1 this week at Albertsons!)
- 10 lb bag of Russett Potatoes (Free with $10 purchase at Safeway this week!)

Yeah, it takes time but it sure can be rewarding to walk out with several bags of groceries for $1.25! The casher called someone over to guess how much I'd spent! I would have spent like $55 without the coupons!

3 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Do you do the grocery game? I use to do it and loved all the free stuff I got! Let me know what you do because I am wanting to start up again. I agree that it may take some time but it is so rewarding....kinda like a game!

Stacie Mathis said...

Hey Summer! Nope, I don't do the grocery game. Why would I pay for something that I can get for free :) (I looked into it). In other words, there are a lot of free blogs out there where people do the same stuff! I love that it is kind of like a game! And getting the stuff I already buy is even better. I haven't gotten into buying something just because it is free or something I know I wouldn't use. (I don't want to store it and I'd feel awfully guilty throwing something brand new in the garbage can!)

Holly said...

You and my sister should get together. She actually had sisters in her ward ask how to use coupons. And she is always posting how much she saves with coupons :)

Swagbucks