Monday, August 31, 2009

Very domestic!

We have been practicing being domestic this last week. We picked too many ears of corn to count, dehusked them, blanched them, cut the kernals off, and bagged them. 28 bags of corn to be exact!

Tonight we picked raspberries from the yard and bottled them! Yeah for us! I am entertaining the idea of making a raspberry pie filling and canning that as well! And of course, we'll probably do one batch of raspberry freezer jam if the raspberries continue to produce well!

And to top it off -- I used coupons and got 10 bottles of salad dressing for FREE! Well, it did cost me tax but $0.26 for 10 bottles isn't too bad!

3 comments:

Vaughn Mathis said...

What do you do with 10 bottles of salad dressing??

And as for being domestic... I think the word you were looking for was "farmer." Lol. You'll be living in Vernal with a hobby farm before you know it!

Vaughn Mathis said...

PS... Post more photos of my nieces!!

Stacie Mathis said...

What would I do with 10 bottles of salad dressing? You can marinate with it! You can take it to pot lucks! And since it only cost me $0.26 for one bottle and I got 9 free... if I don't use them, I'm not out any money! in fact, $0.26 I'd consider a pretty good buy!

As for moving to vernal to be a farmer ... well, I've got a lovely, well producing farm here. Why would I ruin it and move?

Swagbucks