Monday, May 18, 2009

What do you get when ....

You hire your three year old to watch your just-barely-one year old? A mess. A total utter mess. Not just in one room but every room they explored together. Blankets are out everywhere and of course, unfolded. Toys have migrated from the basement to the upstairs and don't get me started on what the playroom looks like. Well, I really can't complain. She did a wonderful job while I laid on the couch contemplating if dying was a viable option. You see, with two kids in daycare, in separate rooms, they are each exposed to different kids and different germs. Badda Bing and they bring them home to share with me. So, early this morning I started the running to the bathroom to contemplate which end should face the toilet. It ended up with my face in the garbage can. Like clockwork, every 30 minutes I'd be back to pay my dues. Taylor was convinced once I quit throwing up that I must be all better. Dear sweet child, that doesn't mean you can wiggle around on my lap. But it was so cute to listen to her 'mother' Jordan this morning. She started out with "Taylor is mommy and Jordan is baby". It got really quiet at one point and when I went to check on them they were sitting on the floor and Taylor was feeding Jordan pretzals. Later, she told me Jordan was still hungry and that she had taken the cheerios out of the diaper bag. Way to be resourceful! All that mothering must have worn her out because she was in bed and asleep at 6:30pm. With Jordan in bed at 7;15pm it has been a very nice last hour. However, my house is still a mess.. anyone feel like cleaning?

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Nothing worse than being a mom that is sick...the day must go on. Thank goodness Taylor likes playing mommy! Hope you get felling better soon!

Heidi said...

I hope you were feeling better for your birthday!

I'm sure your house is clean by now (I know you!) but I can come help out tomorrow if needs be!

Swagbucks